Do you want to buy from US online sites, but are often frustrated by the fact that some sites don't ship to your country, don't do worlwide shipping, or have prohibitively expensive international shipping rates? What if you want to buy items from multiple sites and the shipping costs just add up? The solutions is to use a US package forwarding company.
Are you looking to stay in London but find the hotels too expensive? This guide will show you how you can find cheap central London accommodation either for short-term or long term stays from as little as £8 per night!
Now that Spotify has started to limit its free music service, what other legal alternatives to Spotify are out there?
Pay As You Go mobile plans generally do not include inclusive minutes - however, many people still prefer PAYG as it is a good way to effectively control and budget spending on calls - it is impossible to rack up huge voice and data bills on PAYG as you can spend what you have topped up. In addition many people do not like the idea of being tied into a contract whether it is a rolling 1 month contract or a 12 or 24 month contract. Mobile phone contracts on the other hand often include generous inclusive minutes and texts. Read on to find out how you can get the best of both worlds.
0800, 0808 or 0500 numbers (also known as freephone numbers) may be free from your landline but they are certainly not free on most mobile networks. In fact, they are often not included in your inclusive mobile minutes and can prove quite expensive. Read on to find out how to call these numbers as part of your inclusive minutes or even for free!
- Use a bypass service. One such service is 0800Buster.co.uk. All you do is dial the provided geographical number, and at the prompt, enter your desired freephone number. Since geographical numbers come under your inclusive minutes the call is effectively 'free'. Even if you don't have any inclusive minutes left, it is still cheaper than calling the freephone number direct.
- Switch to the GiffGaff network. With a GiffGaff SIM, you can call 0800 numbers completely free and none of your inclusive minutes are used up. Click here for our article on all the benefits of getting a (free) GiffGaff SIM card.
Many UK companies now use 0870, 0871, 0844 and 0845 numbers for their customer service line. This can prove quite expensive especially considering how long they force you to wait in their call queue. It is especially expensive if you're calling from a mobile phone as these numbers are not included in your minutes. Here are some ways to bypass those numbers and call a regular national landline number instead.
- Saynoto0870.com - this website is invaluable when it comes to finding the geographical landline number equivalent of 0871, 0870, 0844, 0845, 0800, 0808 numbers. You can search by company name or you can type in the 08- number and it will list the landline numbers and the respective departments of the company.
- Many companies list a number that customers can call when they are abroad - these numbers start with +44 (the UK international dialing code).
- Many companies advertise free to call (0800) numbers for their sales hotline. Call this line and ask to be transferred to the relevant department. Please note that 0800 numbers are only free when calling from a landline phone.Click here if you want to call 0800 numbers from your mobile (free or using your inclusive minutes)